Some people say that playing computer games is bad for children, whereas others say that it has positive effects on the way children develop. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
- Introduce children to/children are acquainted with > computer technology/artificial intelligence.
- Playing computer games > children practise /rehearse/go through > problem solving and logic > development of conscience > eg educational and strategy games > also improve visual skills.
- Helps > improve/enhance motor skills, spatial skills >racing games.
- Better reflexes > improves mental agility.
- Games make learning fun, encourage/embolden > risk-taking and exploration.
- Some games > therapeutic applications.
- Overdependence > leads to social isolation/loneliness > play alone.
- Some games > violent character > aggressive/antagonistic behaviour in children.
- Confusion > reality and fantasy > example >car racing in games > in real life it leads to accident.
- Games are addictive > impact on studies.
- Sedentary lifestyle > health issues > eg obesity leading to heart diseases.