You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The graph below shows the development of the cutting tools made by stone, one was made 1.4million years ago, and the other was made 800 thousand years ago, viewing from back view, front view and side view.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
(Write at least 150 words).
The diagrams illustrate…….. from three viewpoints which were crafted by early man ……… years ago and ……… years ago.
Overall, the shape of the stones was similar/different in both periods but the tools from the later period were sharper, slimmer and made with more precision which shows the development of early man’s skills.
The stone cutting tools ……… years ago were an irregular leaf shape with a base which measured ……… cm and narrowed at the tip. The tip, although pointed, was not sharp but blunt due to the lack of precision in making the tools. The method of carving was crude causing an irregular shape.
……… years ago, mankind had developed beer skills and had perfected the cutting tool. By this time, the tool was more streamlined and measured only ……… cm at the base. The sides of the tool were smoother and the tip of the tool was sharp, making it a more effective cutting tool.
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task
The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain in the health care system in an effort to deal with the health issues involved. Some people think that the best way to deal with this problem is to introduce more physical education lessons in the school curriculum. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons to support your answer and examples from your own knowledge or experience.Write at least 250 words
It goes without saying > nowadays > challenges faced by health care system > tackle > increasing number of overweight people > obesity > sole cause > various diseases.
Favor of Physical Education:
- Introduce the physical education lessons
- bring awareness/cognizance > minds of children from younger/earlier ages
- Awareness > bring great change > attitude towards the health
- bring a good body tone in the children > preventing obesity
- Another solution can be exercises/physical activities > lead to/resulting in burning fat > especially truncal fat > leading to healthier lifestyle.
Against Physical Education:
- Not always possible/feasible/viable > provide more importance > physical education > keeping other subjects aside/on the detriment of other subjects.
- Will be practical difficulties > more class sessions/periods > during school hours.
- Rather we need > practice a healthy lifestyle.
- Cultivate/grow > healthy food style; junk foods/calorie-packed food must not be sent to & provided > school premises/facilities.